Beech Hill

Our Village

slideshow 1 slideshow 2 slideshow 3

Village Plan Minutes 9 April 2014

Minutes of meeting of the Beech Hill Village Action Group held on 9th April 2014 at 7:30pm at Trunkwell House.
Present:
Bob Walton – BW - Chairman
Peter Simpson – PS -  Acting Secretary
Tessa Hall – TH -  Community Council for Berkshire
David Simpson – DS - Transport and Parish Council
Laura Bell – LB - Memorial Hall
Jude Cresswell – JC – Village Shop
Charlie Carter –CC -  PCC
Layne Kraeling – LK - Environment and Planning
Hannah Boston-Callier – HBC - Social and Amenities
David Seward - DWS
 
Apologies were received from Hayley Sheridan
 
The minutes of the meeting held on 25 February were taken as read.
 
Actions from the previous meeting:
Lesley Boardman had reluctantly asked to step down from the group due to other commitments. Charlie Carter had agreed to represent the Parochial Church Council.
Jude Cresswell had agreed to represent the village shop.
A meeting of the Allotments Trust is imminent, at which its involvement with the Village Action Group is to be discussed.
The Actions pages (pages 16 to 18) of the Village Plan document have been reproduced (having identical content to the original) to make it more readable especially in its printed form (some of the original was in a small 4 point font!)
The Village Website has been updated to list the actions identified in the Village Plan document and show the progress made on each. All members are able to update the progress by using an appropriate login.
 
Village Plan Document: It was agreed that rather than spend £1000 on one copy for each household, a better solution would be to have a few copies printed and that these be placed in locations where all villagers would have access, such as the Church and the Memorial Hall, with copies to West Berkshire Council and the Community Council for Berkshire, and maybe others.
It was suggested that a pocket in the back of the document could hold the original action plan which could be updated as and when necessary.
Actions: ALL – other locations for Village Plan document,  
               BWarrange production of ?? printed copies of Village Plan Document
 
It was agreed that a members only discussion board should be set up on the Beech Hill Village Website to facilitate discussion of Village Plan issues between members of the group.
Actions: PS to set up.
               ALL to contribute
 
It was agreed that the Village Website should be used more to publicise news of the Village Plan and its achievements, and also to publish a regular newsletter to keep people informed and to encourage more volunteers onto the working groups
Actions: PS
              ALL – volunteer to write articles to keep people informed
 
 
Tessa summarised the grants available to villages for the implementation of Village Plans, which included an annual £5000 Parish Grant available for use on a single project, and the Greenham Common Trust ‘Find-a-grant’ scheme. Jude told us of the wide range of grants which the Shop Committee had called on for setting up the Village Shop.
It was stressed that the Village Action Group will be acting on behalf of, and include all elements of the whole village and as such would be natural channel through which to seek funding for village projects.
 
Concern was expressed about the apparent lack of full support from the Parish Council. As it was agreed it was vital for the Parish Council to be fully on board and involved with the group, it was agreed that Bob and Charlie meet with Parish Councillors Mike Methven (past Chairman) and Martin Plank (current Chairman) to discuss relationship and also possibility of using PC bank account.
Action: BW and CC  
 
Constitution:
Committee Posts
The following posts were agreed:
Chairman and Bridging Coordinator – Bob Walton
Secretary and Publicity – Peter Simpson
Treasurer – to be determined following discussions with Parish Council.
 
It was agreed that Terms of Reference should be drawn up for each of the three Working Groups.
 Action ??
 
Name. It was pointed out that the group had been referred to by various names over the past few months, and in the draft constitution. It was agreed that from now on, the group, comprising the officers, representatives from village organizations and Working Group representatives should, henceforth be known as the Beech Hill Steering Committee.
 
It was agreed that the Complaints Procedure presented to the previous meeting be included in the Constitution
Actions: PS - amend draft constitution to include name change and complaints Procedure;
               ALL -  check suitability of draft constitution and propose changes to fit current situation
 
Village Plan Actions
Discussion followed, regarding actions identified in the Village Plan which could be implemented fairly quickly. Two contenders were put forward and agreed – a village-wide Neighbourhood Watch (NHW) Area; and a Litter-Picking/Village Spring Clean Day. The committee was asked to suggest other possible contenders
Actions: PS – investigate expanding  NHW area;
               HBC/LK – Litter Picking/Spring Clean.
               ALL – other suggestions.
 
The meeting closed at 9:30pm
 
 
Summary of actions:
Locations for printed Village Plan Documents…………………………………………………………………ALL
Production of a small number of printed Village Plan documents……………………………………BW
Update Village Website……………………………………………………………………………………………………PS
Volunteer(s) to provide material for Village Website/newsletter…………………………………..ALL
Set up members only discussion board…………………………………………………………………………….PS
Contribute to members only discussion board…………………………………………………………………ALL
Meet with Parish Council…………………………………………………………………………………………..BW CC   
Terms of Reference for Working Groups……………………………………………………………………………??
Amend draft constitution…………………………………………………………………………………………………..PS
Check suitability of constitution and propose amendments……………………………………………..ALL
Village–wide Neighbourhood Watch area………………………………………………………………………….PS
Litter-Picking/Spring Clean………………………………………………………………………………………..HBC LK
Suggestions of other actions which could be implemented quickly………………………………….ALL
 
 
 
Meeting Date: 
Wednesday, April 9, 2014 - 19:30

 

Follow the Beech Hill Village Community on Facebook

 

Theme by Danetsoft and Danang Probo Sayekti inspired by Maksimer